I love avocado – but hey doesn’t everyone! Particularly if you go by Instagram or what every brunch place has on its menu. Avocado is a versatile ingredient and the list of what compliments is almost endless. For this recipe I have given it a slight twist by adding the corn salsa and crumbled feta. A great snack or lunch!
- 1 large one
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, finely chopped (dependant on spice tolerance)
- 4 tbsp canned corn or a husk
- 40g feta cheese
- 1/2 lime, juiced (save the other half to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees/200 fan/gas mark 8
- Roast the corn until browning – about 6-8 minutes. Ensure to move it during cooking. Once cooked, mix with the tomato, red onion and jalapeños.
- For the smashed avo, mash it with a fork and mix until smoothish. Add the lime juice and season
- To assemble, spread the avocado on to the toast, top with the corn salsa then crumble feta on top