This is a really simple, obvious meal but thought I’d post it anyway. It is my firm belief that a good burger will always consist of a beef patty, cooked medium, bacon, cheese and a brioche bun although here I omitted the bun as was trying not too eat too many carbs. The sweet potato fries are my boyfriend’s contribution – he makes the best so I am learning from him. I seem to burn them everytime!
- 2 good quality beef patties
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 rashers of good quality bacon
- 2 tbsp red onion chutney (a great addition)
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into large fries
- olive oil
- chilli flakes
- asparagus (or whatever veg you have)
- salad bits (whatever you like)
- To makes the sweet potato fries, preheat the oven to 180 fan/200/gas mark 6. Spread the fries out on a baking sheet, drizzle with lots of olive oils, sprinkle with paprika, cumin, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and bake them for approx 15 minutes until browning on edges. Then transfer to a frying pan with a little oil and fry for 3 minutes
- Cook the beef and bacon as per instructions and the packet – I like to grill both. In the last few mins of the burger top with grated cheese and finish grilling
- Cook the veg in the microwave
- To assemble, put the salad down, burger on top, top with the bacon then chutney. Place the asparagus next to it and eat.